Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity is one of ONEOK’s five core values. A diverse workforce and inclusive workplace are integral to our business strategy and critical to our continued success. We are committed to proactively and consciously embracing diversity by recognizing and appreciating the unique characteristics of each individual. We strive to foster a culture of inclusion and create an environment where everyone connected with our company feels valued. Our goal is for all to be respected and appreciated for their identities, talents, experiences, ideas, similarities and differences, and for everyone to know their contributions have a significant impact on ONEOK.
Diversity and Inclusion Strategy highlights:
- A Diversity and Inclusion Council, chaired by our CEO and composed of employees from across our business units and geographic footprint to oversee and guide ONEOK's diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Professional development opportunities and diversity and inclusion skills training for all employees.
- Business Resource Groups that are voluntary, employee-led groups focused on historically underrepresented groups in the workplace that are open to all employees.
- Active search for new hires with diverse perspectives from organizations such as Diversity Jobsite, Recruit Military and Women in Business and Industry, among numerous others.
- Support of several diversity and inclusion programs and associations at the colleges, universities and technical schools where we recruit.
- Encouraged participation in and support of diverse and inclusive community activities through the ONEOK Foundation and Volunteers with Energy.
- A dedicated diversity and inclusion team to drive our inclusion efforts.
ONEOK is proud to be recognized for our commitment to creating a fully diverse workforce and inclusive workplace culture.
Recent acknowledgements include:
- ONEOK was recognized by Mosaic, the Tulsa Regional Chamber’s diversity business council as a 2017 Top Inclusive Workplace Culture, receiving five stars, the highest rating possible, for its diversity and inclusion practices.
- ONEOK received the Oklahoma Bar Association's Ada Lois Sipuel Fisher Diversity Award for leadership in promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace and community.
- ONEOK registered 95/100 on Human Rights Campaign (HRC)’s Corporate Equality Index, which rates policies and practices regarding inclusion of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) employees at more than 700 major U.S.-based employers.
- ONEOK was recognized as a "Winning W Company" by 2020 Women on Boards, a nonprofit committed to increasing the percentage of women on corporate boards to 20 percent by the year 2020.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage people of all races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, religions, creeds, national origins, abilities and military/veteran status to apply and feel welcomed to join our team.
To search for current job openings, visit ONEOK Careers.
ONEOK is committed to supplier diversity. Through its Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Policy, ONEOK affords equal opportunity to all suppliers whose products meet the company criteria. In addition, ONEOK endeavors to ensure that small business, minority business and historically underrepresented business entities receive reasonable opportunity for growth and development with access to company spend opportunities. Further, ONEOK Corporate Purchasing represents the company in various organizations in support of small, minority and disadvantaged business entities.
Indigenous/Native American Peoples Engagement Commitment
ONEOK recognizes the diversity of Indigenous/Native American Peoples and is committed to creating and sustaining respectful relationships with Indigenous/Native American Peoples in areas where we conduct business. We are dedicated to operating in a socially and environmentally responsible manner, carefully considering potential impacts of business operations on local communities and natural and cultural resources.
The cooperative nature of engagement with Indigenous/Native American Peoples in business and community projects aligns closely with ONEOK’s core values – Ethics, Quality, Diversity, Value, and Service – which guide our actions towards achieving mutually beneficial outcomes for all our stakeholders.
Where necessary and applicable, ONEOK will facilitate external engagement according to the following practices:
- Acknowledging that mutual trust and respect are fundamental to transparent communication.
- Recognizing Indigenous/Native American Peoples and their communities may be affected by our existing operations and future project footprints.
- Committing to good faith engagement and communication through collaborative relationships.